Learn from author Christopher Phillips and Cecilia C. Phillips, with star co-presenters Carl Colavito ( author of Rational Discourse for Citizenship and Progress); Donald Robertson (Stoicism Expert and author of How to Think Like a Roman Emperor: The Stoic Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius.); Kasey Pierce (writer and editor of Stoicism) on how to practice Civil Discourse in a polarized world. More than 4 hours of content and bonus recordings including an exclusive interview between Christopher Phillips and Dr. Robert George.
In a polarized world -and a world in environmental and humanitarian crisis- we need civil discourse more than ever in order to communicate, understand, and question our way of living and find new ways of relating to one another and the world we are part of.
In this recorded 3-hour workshop, learn directly from cutting edge experts on Socratic Inquiry, Modern Stoicism and Rational Discourse, skills you can apply in your conversations and how to relate to yourself, others and the world.
- Practice challenging yours and others’ assumptions and perceptions so you can find new ways to approach life at large.
- Learn about the neuroscience of safety and the role it plays in civil discourse, and how we can create communities of inquiry where we can strengthen our nervous systems through Social Engagement.
- Learn the considerations and techniques for rational discourse in order to have better communication.
- Become familiar with the foundations of modern stoicism and how it relates to civil discourse, and practice noticing judgement -not things- as the source of upset, so you can become more mindful in your interactions.
- Learn from Donald Robertson how stoicism see anger and how you can apply these teachings into your everyday life.